August 19 – 25, 2018
MPAC will host our first-ever BITE Back! Week, filled with events, workshops, and educational activities across Chicago focused on keeping the bed bug problem in check. Check this page often as we add more events, and follow us on Twitter @ToxicFreeMW for the latest updates.
August 19, 2018 CHANGE of DATE to August 26 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Join MPAC Executive Director Ruth Kerzee at Clark Devon Hardware for demonstrations and information on bed bug control products that work. Clark Devon Hardware stocks a wide range of product and tools that can effectively help treat and control bed bugs. We’ll be there to answer your questions at the corner of (you guessed it) Clark St. and Devon Ave (6401 N. Clark St.)
August 20, 2018 | 10:00 am:
- Vol. 24 of our popular BITE Back! Newsletter will be published. Follow us on Twitter to be notified!
- Sign up to receive the BITE Back! Newsletter.
August 21, 2018 | 1:30 to 2:30 pm:
- Webinar: Effective Retail Products for Bed Bug Monitoring and Control. Learn which products work – and which don’t – to effectively monitor and safely control bed bugs. We will discuss various integrated pest management (IPM) products to give you expert advice on the best and most cost-effective retail products for bed bugs.
August 22, 2018 | 5:00 to 7:00 pm:
- MPAC will present on bed bug control with simultaneous Spanish translation by the Spanish Coalition for Housing. The training will be held at the South East Vodak Library (3710 E. 106 St.)
- To register, call the Spanish Coalition at 773-933-7575.
August 22, 2018 | 6:00 to 8:00 pm:
- Co-hosted by CIC, MPAC will teach a workshop for property managers, “Putting Together a Bed Bug Plan,” at the Frank J. Williams Realtors Education Center (7300 S. Cottage Grove Ave.). Presentation by MPAC Executive Director Ruth Kerzee, with guest presenter Bryan Nichols of Advanced Maintenance and Pest Solutions.
August 24, 2018 | 1:30 to 2:30 pm:
- Webinar: Chicago’s Bed Bug Ordinance: What’s in it for Me? Everything you need to know about Chicago’s Bed Bug Ordinance, including both tenants’ and landlords’ rights and responsibilities and recommended preventative measures.
August 25, 2018 | 10:00 to 1:00 pm
- MPAC will be on site to answer questions and hand out info at Ward 46’s Back-to-school event at Clarendon Park (4501 N Clarendon Ave).
August 25, 2018 | 10:00 to 2:00 pm
- MPAC will table at the 4th Ward’s annual Health and Housing Fair from 10-2 pm at Walter H. Dyett High School (555 E 51st St).
Bed Bug Fact of the Day:
- Follow MPAC on Twitter @ToxicFreeMW and Facebook @MidwestPesticideActionCenter for a new bed bug fact or resource every day during BITE Back! Week
BITE Back! Week Resources
Want to co-host an event during BITE Back! Week, or have a training that you’d like MPAC to speak at? Contact LTrudeau@pesticideaction.org for more details.
Help us spread the word – share the BITE Back! Week Facebook event and mark yourself as attending!