More and more, MPAC receives your concerns about reducing the use of potentially harmful gardening and lawn care chemicals in our lawns, parks, and other public places. We want to turn your concerns into action by creating a community of informed citizens ready to organize and advocate for more natural lawn care practices at home and Midwest-wide.
By taking this Midwest Grows Green (MGG) pledge, you join an online, engaged network of citizens prepared to eliminate synthetic chemical use on your own lawn and/or garden and at all locations where children, pets, and wildlife live and play. Will you join us?
Your commitment today gives you access to natural lawn care resources, advocacy support, and event updates from our monthly newsletter and adds your name to this growing effort as MGG recruits more pesticide-free parks, point-of-purchase retailers, and pledges.
I am ready to take the pledge to reduce the use of harmful lawn and garden chemicals!
- I pledge to participate in this MGG community and push for synthetic chemical reduction at all places where children, pets, and wildlife live and play.
- I pledge to reduce my use of herbicide products such as glyphosate (Round Up), 2,4 D, and/or “weed and feed”.
- I pledge to adopt one or more of the following natural lawn care practices:
- Mow high: I will mow my grass to no less than 3 inches.
- Water Properly: I will water my lawn with no more than 1 inch per week.
- Fertilize organically: I will use only naturally derived organic fertilizers on my lawn and garden such as compost, compost tea, alfalfa meal, etc.
Donate $10+ below and you’ll receive a “Keep ON the Grass” sign.
Our goal is to establish 10 pesticide-free parks, 30 point-of-purchase retailers, and 200 MGG pledges by the end of 2016. We need your support.
- $10 I want a “Keep ON the Grass” sign!*
- $20 I want a point-of-purchase retailer!
- $30 I want to put on an MGG event!
- $50 I want a Pesticide Free Park!
*Donate $10+ and you’ll receive a “Keep ON the Grass” sign.