Jobs and Internships at Midwest Pesticide Action Center
Outreach and Communications Manager
Midwest Pesticide Action Center (MPAC), a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the health risks and environmental impacts of pesticides and promoting safer alternatives in the Midwest, seeks a full-time Outreach and Communications Manager. The position is designed for an independent worker with a passion for communication and community outreach relating to environmental and public health issues.
MPAC works on both indoor and outdoor environments. We work with schools, childcare centers, low-income and public housing, parks/park districts, municipal institutions and others to reduce pesticide use and pest problems. MPAC engages and empowers these audiences through outreach, training, technical assistance, model programs development, advocacy, coalition building, and legislative campaigns.
- Conduct workshops and classes on concepts related to pesticide use reduction for a variety of audiences with a primary focus on outdoor spaces;
- Provide information and technical assistance on IPM, pesticides and alternatives;
- Research innovations, health risks and other issues associated with pesticides and pest control;
- Assist with the administrative duties of the office;
- Assist with fundraising, including reviewing and collaborating on program development, grant proposals and preparing reports as needed;
- Monitor and leverage ongoing trends in the pesticide industry as well as national partner advocates across the country;
- Develop and lead an annual integrated marketing campaign to promote and sustain our programs and services;
- Support development efforts by building audiences for our programs and donor campaigns;
- Update website and utilize social media to promote MPAC’s programs and services.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in MPAC’s mission;
- Two years of experience in the marketing/communications field;
- Three to five years of experience in public speaking or training/teaching;
- Three to five years of experience in program development, implementation and evaluation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- MS Office experience is a must, WordPress and MailChimp experience is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work as part of a team;
- Master’s degree in public health, environmental sciences or related field preferred.
Position is full-time and salary will be in the high-thirties to mid-forties commensurate with experience. Full benefit package is available.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume to Ruth Kerzee, Executive Director, Midwest Pesticide Action Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail it to 4611 N. Ravenswood, Ste. 107 Chicago, IL 60640. For general information regarding Midwest Pesticide Action Center, please visit www.midwestpesticideaction.org. Midwest Pesticide Action Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Midwest Pesticide Action Center welcomes interns from all fields of study and backgrounds with an interest in our work. Applicants are considered throughout the year for internships typically starting in January, June, and September.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Midwest Pesticide Action Center at:
Midwest Pesticide Action Center
4611 N. Ravenswood Ave. Ste. 107
Chicago, IL 60640.
For more information on our internship program, click here.